Welcome to Sunflowers!
Shh, don't tell anyone, but we really are the best class in the school...
We are a fantastic bunch of Year 6s and our teacher is Miss Lewis. We are also supported, at different times in the week, by our wonderful teaching assistants, Mrs Vardy, Mrs Meanley and Mrs Turner.
Every Wednesday and Friday afternoon, Mrs Vardy teaches us Spellings, Heartsmart (PSHE) and French and Mr Yates teaches us for PE (make sure you come to school wearing your PE kit on these days!).
- PE days are Wednesday and Friday, and PE kit should consist of: a plain white t-shirt or polo shirt; plain black shorts, skirt/skort, joggers or leggings; plain black sweatshirt; and trainers or plimsolls.
- Make sure every item of school uniform, and PE kit is clearly named - if things are named, they are usually reunited with their owner, when they go missing.
- All children need to have a water bottle in school - please make sure these only contain water and not fizzy drinks, juice or squash.
- Children should not be wearing make-up, including nail varnish, to school.
- Spelling books must be in school on a Wednesday.
- Reading records must be in school every day.
All passwords for online homework should be in your child's reading record.
- Spelling homework is set every week. Our spelling quizzes are every Wednesday.
- Spelling, grammar and punctuation (SPAG) homework and maths homework are set on a two-week cycle. One week, SPAG homework will be set online on spag.com. The alternate week will be set on maths.co.uk. We anticipate children spend at least a minimum of 30 minutes on this.
- Times tables should also be completed on 'Times Tables Rock Stars' (TTRS).
- We expect children to be reading at home at least 3 times a week and signed by a parent/carer in your child's reading record book - these will be checked each week.